We seek a full-time interior designer with proven 6-12 years’ experience in commercial or institutional design for new construction, additions and/or interior renovations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Thrives working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Has experience working with architects in the development of interior architecture and interior design
- Is a great representative of MOA to our staff, clients, consultants, contractors and other industry partners
- Has professional experience in programming, space planning, design development and documentation through construction documents, and construction phase services
- Has strong technical knowledge of interior finishes/materials, and interior construction detailing
- Strong knowledge of applicable building codes, ADA etc.
- Has excellent verbal, written, presentation and listening communication skills
- Has strong organizational and time management skills: able to manage multiple projects / deadlines / tasks with fast paced schedules, forward planning capabilities (what do you need from others and when)
- Is an effective leader, a positive influence on the project team, fosters a collaborative team environment
- Is self-directed, accountable and proactive, but not afraid to ask questions and seek guidance
- Can earn the trust and respect of all those he/she works with.
- Contributes to the team and is eager to listen, learn from others.
- Team design/production leader on larger projects.
- Teach and mentor younger designers.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of a client’s program, requirements, standards and policies for incorporation into the design solution and documentation for bidding and construction
- Material and finish sourcing and selection
- Design and production of SD, DD and CD technical documentation
- Generate 3D rendered presentation images
- May be the primary MOA contact and representative of MOA for the project (to owner and consultants)
- Lead existing facility evaluations and documentation
- Facility programming
- Perform code analysis and documentation
- Coordinate sustainable design best practices, or more in to every project
- Participate in or lead bidding and construction phase services
- May travel throughout the region for project assignment responsibilities
- 6-12 years of experience in commercial or institutional interior design
- Interior Design degree from a CIDA accredited program
- NCIDQ certification preferred (or willing to become certified)
- LEED or WELL accreditation (or willing to become accredited)
- Proficient in Revit for commercial architecture, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong 3D modeling, graphic presentation, and rendering skills utilizing Enscape and Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)·
- Knowledge of commercial office systems and furniture, procurement and installation a plus
Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities: $70,000 to $85,000
We offer top tier benefits including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability; 120 hours PTO to start with additional 8 hours accrued each following year for 5 years; up to 4% matching 401K plan with no vesting period; and a generous parking and RTD EcoPass subsidy.