Project Architect / Job Captain
MOA ARCHITECTURE seeks a full time Project Architect/ Job Captain with proven experience in project delivery of new construction, additions and/or interior renovations; experience in K-12 education design a plus.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has high interest in and a passion for delivery of quality design.
- Has the ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of a client’s program, requirements, standards and policies for incorporation into the design solution and documentation for bidding and construction.
- Is a positive influence on the project team, fosters a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Can earn the trust and respect of all those he/she works with.
- Contributes to the team and is eager to listen, learn from others.
- Is a great representative of MOA to our staff, clients, consultants, contractors and other industry partners.
- Is self-directed, accountable and proactive, but not afraid to ask questions and seek guidance.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, and high problem-solving skills.
- Has strong organizational, communication, time, and relationship management skills.
- Has experience and knowledge of detail application of ADA, building and life safety codes. Experience with planning/entitlement, building permit, local or state agency review, and other various agencies as may be required.
- Team production leader on a project, or one of multiple project architects on larger projects, may be assigned the Revit model manager.
- Lead and oversee the production of SD, DD and CD technical documentation.
- Primary MOA contact and representative of MOA for project consultant coordination.
- Lead existing facility evaluations and documentation.
- Perform code analysis and documentation.
- Coordinate sustainable design best practices, or more into every project.
- Participate in or lead bidding and construction phase services.
- May travel throughout the region for project assignment responsibilities.
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited university.
- Licensed Architect preferred, or soon to be licensed.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Proficient in Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite.
- LEED, WELL or other sustainable design accreditation a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities: $65,000 to $80,000
We offer top tier benefits including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability; 120 hours PTO to start with additional 8 hours accrued each following year for 5 years; up to 4% matching 401K plan with no vesting period; and a generous parking and RTD EcoPass subsidy.