PK-12 Education Designer
We seek a full-time architectural planner / designer with proven experience in PK-12 Education programming, master planning, site/building planning and design for new construction, additions and/or interior renovations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is passionate about PK-12 educational design and has their finger on the pulse of 21st century teaching and learning, technology/equipment/furnishings, accessibility and safety, sustainable and healthy environments, and leading the design of educational environments that support and optimize teaching and learning.
- Is highly experienced in PK-12 design visioning, programming and space planning, leading the Design Advisory Group process, listening and responding to all of the constituents that have a stake in educating our youth (students, parents, educators, administrators, facilities managers, and the community).
- Is a great listener and can transform and deliver the constituents’ vision into a high quality design – meeting program, schedule and budget.
- Is experienced and comfortable in dealing with challenging design opportunities with high problem-solving skills.
- Can effectively communicate ideas and concepts (verbal and graphic), can produce design concepts quickly, often in front of a client.
- Has strong organizational, communication, time, and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, capable of managing multiple projects/tasks/people, tight and competing deadlines.
- Has a solid knowledge base and understanding of basic structural, mechanical, electrical and other building systems, commercial construction means and methods, building materials, building and life safety codes, and the ADA.
- Contributes to the team and is eager to listen, learn from others.
- Has strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Can earn the trust and respect of all those he/she works with.
- May travel throughout the region for project assignment responsibilities.
- Is a great representative of MOA to our staff, clients, consultants, contractors and other industry partners.
- Lead or assist in marketing and business development in PK-12 Education arena, participate in RFP/RQP responses, lead or assist in interview preparation, design concepts, graphic presentation material, participate in interview presentation.
- Primary or secondary MOA contact and representative for a client in the design phase of projects.
- May work independently on some projects, or lead a team, or work as part of a team under the direction of others.
- Design to meet facility program, design schedule, and construction budget.
- Design to meet all the space and functional program requirements.
- Architectural site planning, master planning, building exterior and interior architectural conceptual design, design development, and final design.
- Develop project presentation graphics and 3D digital models and lead Design Advisory Group presentations.
- Develop graphic promotional materials to assist owners in presenting and promoting the project(s) to the community (building and site renderings, interior space renderings, etc.).
- Educate and guide team members (in-house and consultants) to ensure design concepts are carried through the technical development and construction of the project.
- Provide design quality assurance oversight as an ongoing process during all phases of their projects.
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited university.
- Licensed Architect preferred.
- Demonstrated Pre K-12 educational design portfolio.
- 10+ years’ experience in site master planning, K-12 facility master planning, programming, building and architectural interior design.
- Design, graphic presentation, and public presentation experience using Revit, Sketch-Up, Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and one or more rendering software such as Enscape, V-Ray and Lumion.
- LEED or WELL accreditation a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensed or unlicensed
$85,000 – $100,000
We offer top tier benefits including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability; 120 hours PTO to start with additional 8 hours accrued each following year for 5 years; up to 4% matching 401K plan with no vesting period; and a generous parking subsidy.