MOA is seeking a full-time Marketing Coordinator to join our Denver office. This position will work closely with the firm’s Strategic Growth Manager and Director of Business Development. The core of this role is managing marketing efforts for new business pursuits, from go/no-go meetings to interview preparation. However, because MOA is a locally owned, mid-size firm, this role also involves an array of marketing tasks, including photography, social media, website management, public relations, event planning, email marketing, branding, and strategic planning.
Below, you will find a more detailed job listing broken into three sections: 1) required skills and experience, 2) preferred skills, experience, and values, and 3) roles and responsibilities.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IF…
- You can write. This position involves extensive writing, including emails, agendas, meeting minutes, project descriptions, news posts, social media captions, memos, and press releases. Impress us with your cover letter!
- You are comfortable talking with people. You will work with dozens of MOA staff members, as well as external partners, including clients, contractors, consultants, and others. You will lead regular meetings with project teams, including go/no-go meetings, sales check-ins, and strategy sessions.
- You have some InDesign experience. We develop proposals and qualifications in InDesign, with occasional use of Photoshop and Illustrator. You can expect virtual and in-person training.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office. You will use Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint every day, so working knowledge of these programs is essential.
- You have 0-10 years of experience. We are accepting applications from entry-level candidates, but you must meet the other requirements. If you have more than 10 years of experience, we would still like to hear from you!
- You have a bachelor’s degree. We’d like to see degrees with a focus on communications, marketing, journalism, business, design, or architecture, but we are flexible.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF…
- You are curious. While we prefer you to have some experience in the A/E/C industry, we care more about your curiosity. Curious people will thrive in this role. There is ALWAYS more to learn.
- You have graphic design experience. This includes experience laying out brochures, magazines, newspapers, advertisements, etc. You understand the basics of graphic design, including typography, colors, photo editing, and visual hierarchy.
- You are a self-starter. Because MOA is a hybrid office, we expect team members to be self-directed, accountable, and proactive. We will support you but NOT micro-manage you. We expect you to approach your work with a problem-solving attitude.
- You are organized. You will lead 25+ pursuits every year, so your calendar will be full of deadlines. You will also have ongoing marketing duties, such as website management, social media, and scheduling photography. You must be comfortable juggling and wearing many hats!
- You care about storytelling. Telling stories is at the heart of what you will do. You will tell stories about the firm, our projects, our team, and our process. Knowing the principles of persuasion and quality storytelling are huge assets.
- You can participate in minimal travel. Photo shoots, on-site meetings, and proposal delivery mean that you will need to travel occasionally. Most of our firm’s projects are in the Front Range, so travel beyond that is infrequent.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL…
- Serve as marketing lead on new business pursuits. You will lead the overall RFQ/P process, including pursuit strategy, subconsultant outreach, internal team coordination, proposal development (including writing, layout, and graphic design), review, and submittal. You will also lead the interview preparation process, including strategy, prep meetings, and materials development (PowerPoints and leave-behinds).
- Write. You will write memos, meeting minutes, project descriptions, design narratives, resumes, cover letters, captions, and a whole lot more.
- Develop marketing materials. You will develop other marketing materials for the firm, including brochures, advertisements, presentations, construction banners, and reports.
- Maintain essential databases. You will manage OpenAsset, MOA’s photography and graphics database, and contribute information to Deltek Vantagepoint, our project data platform.
- Support digital marketing efforts. You will oversee MOA’s social media accounts, make website updates, and contribute to email marketing.
- Assist with assorted marketing tasks. These tasks may include marketing campaigns, event planning, marketing research, strategic planning process, and budgeting.
- Your resume.
- A cover letter, including 2-3 professional references, with name, email, and phone number.
- 1-2 writing samples. Each preferably longer than 250 words. Please upload files to a shared folder on Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. and provide a link in the Portfolio Link area below.
- 1-2 graphic design and/or layout samples. Ideally, this is a proposal or qualifications submittal, but it could be a brochure, newsletter, advertisement, etc. If you have a portfolio, that works, too. See instructions in the bullet above for how to submit these materials.
Salary range: $45,000 – $70,000, depending on experience.
Two final notes: 1) We will disqualify you if your materials have typos or grammatical errors. Proofread! 2) This role involves persuading clients to hire MOA. Prove you can do that and persuade us to hire you.