Healthcare Project Architect
We seek a motivated Healthcare Project Architect with proven experience in the technical execution for new construction, expansion and renovation of healthcare facilities. The ideal candidate has a passion and commitment to the practice of architecture for healthcare facilities and understands the important part we play in successful outcomes for all constituents.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Thrives working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Has demonstrated experience in interior renovations, expansions and/or ground-up healthcare projects
- Has experience participating in client user group meetings
- Has the ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of a client’s program, requirements, standards and policies for incorporation into the design solution and documents
- Has experience and knowledge with commercial healthcare construction means and methods, building materials, and systems and technologies
- Has experience with the process of jurisdictional authority approvals: planning, building permit, local or state agency review, and other various agencies as may be required, including the Joint Commission, DFPC/CDPHE, and ICRA
- Has experience and knowledge of detail application of ADA, building and life safety codes, standards, guidelines and other regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities
- Has demonstrated technical proficiency in all phases of architectural delivery: design, production, specification coordination, construction phase services, and coordination with mechanical, electrical and life safety systems disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite, Enscape a plus.
- Has strong organizational, communication, time management, and relationship management skills.
- Is willing to listen, learn, and work well with others
- Is a great representative of MOA to our staff, clients, consultants, contractors and other industry partners
- Is mature, credible, trustworthy, likable, and comfortable in dealing with staff and others in the industry.
- Primary or secondary MOA representative for a client
- Existing facility evaluations, code compliance studies
- Develop design solutions, present solutions and options
- Produce and coordinate SD, DD and CD documentation
- Lead or participate in bidding and construction phase services
- Seek new knowledge regarding the process, technology, and trends of modern healthcare delivery
- Strengthening existing and building new relationships with healthcare clients
- May travel throughout the region (Colorado, Wyoming) for project assignment responsibilities
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited university
- Licensed Architect
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (with 3 specifically related to healthcare) in delivering healthcare architecture for acute and ambulatory care, diagnostic facilities (labs, imaging, testing), treatment and/or medical office.
- EDAC Certification a plus.
- Experience with Lean planning principals, Lean Certification a plus
- LEED or WELL accreditation a plus