Architectural Designer III
MOA ARCHITECTURE seeks a full time Architectural Designer III with proven experience in the planning, programming and design of new construction, additions and/or interior renovations for commercial architecture.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / CAPABILITIES
- Is a great listener and passionate about understanding the client’s vision, and is adept at delivering that vision with high quality design, meeting schedule, program and budget
- Is experienced and comfortable in dealing with challenging design opportunities, high problem-solving skills
- Can effectively communicate ideas and concepts (verbal and graphic), can produce design concepts quickly, often in front of a client
- Is experienced in space programming and planning
- Has strong organizational, communication, time, and relationship management skills. Demonstrates high attention to detail, capable of managing multiple projects/tasks/people, tight and competing deadlines
- Has a solid knowledge base and understanding of basic structural, mechanical, electrical and other building systems, commercial construction means and methods, building materials, building and life safety codes, and the ADA
- Contributes to the team and is eager to listen, learn from others
- Has strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to work in a team environment
- Can earn the trust and respect of all those he/she works with.
- May travel throughout the region for project assignment responsibilities
- Is a great representative of MOA to our staff, clients, consultants, contractors and other industry partners
- Primary or secondary MOA contact and representative for a client in the design phase of projects
- May work independently for some projects or as part of a team under the direction of others
- Design to meet facility program, design schedule, and construction budget
- Design to meet all the space and functional program requirements
- Architectural site planning, building exterior and interior architectural conceptual design, design development, and final design
- Develop project presentation graphics and 3D digital models and lead presentations to clients, planning departments, community meetings, etc.
- Develop graphic promotional materials to assist owners in presenting and marketing their projects (building and site renderings, interior space renderings, etc.)
- Educate and guide team members (in-house and consultants) to ensure design concepts are carried through the technical development and construction of the project
- Provides design quality assurance oversight as an ongoing process during all phases of their projects
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited university
- Licensed Architect preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in site master planning and architectural design for commercial (office, retail, mixed-use) and/or institutional projects (K-12, Higher Ed, Science + Tech, Healthcare)
- Design and presentation experience using Revit, Sketch-Up, Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and one or more rendering software such as Enscape, V-Ray and Lumion.
- LEED or WELL accreditation a plus
Salary commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensed or unlicensed
Range: $70,000 – $85,000